(VIRTUAL) MEETING AGENDA
Tuesday, January 10, 2023 | 7:00 p.m.
This meeting will be a virtual meeting held on Tuesday, January 10, 2023 beginning at 7:00 p.m. To view this meeting on computer, laptop, tablet or smartphone with speakers and microphone, use this link at the above date and time:
At the prompt enter Passcode: 242395
By telephone, dial 1 929 205 6099 US (New York); at the prompt enter Meeting ID: 863 1195 9215
and at next prompt enter Passcode: 242395
1. ROLL CALL of members
2. ANNUAL ELECTION OF PLANNING BOARD CHAIR AND VICE-CHAIR
3. SUBDIVISION APPROVAL NOT REQUIRED PLANS (ANR’s), if any
4. PUBLIC PRESENTATION AND DISCUSSION:
a. Draft Feasibility Study for Shared Use Path along Middlesex Canal / former railroad right of way
5. PLANNING BOARD DIRECTOR UPDATE: (a) Meeting schedule, location and agenda items for next Board meeting on January 24, 2023; (b) Time-sensitive matters, if any, such as invitations to conferences/workshops; and (c) If required, general information on other topics such as implementation of the affordable housing production plan and master plan, updates on potential zoning ordinance and subdivision rules and regulations amendments to be discussed at future meeting(s).
6. APPROVAL OF MINUTES: December 13, 2022 meeting
7. OTHER BUSINESS MATTERS THAT MAY LEGALLY COME BEFORE THE BOARD NOT KNOWN AT THE TIME OF POSTING
The items listed are those reasonably anticipated by the Chair which may be discussed at the meeting. Some items may be discussed in a different order than appears on the printed agenda, not all items listed may in fact be discussed, and other items not listed may also be brought up for discussion to the extent permitted by law.
Draft Feasibility Study and Public Meeting
Shared Use Path
Middlesex Canal/Former Railroad Right of Way
The City of Woburn has prepared a draft Feasibility Study evaluating the possibility of creating a shared use path (SUP) along the Middlesex Canal and the former Woburn branch of the Boston & Lowell railroad right of way. The study includes an existing conditions base map, conceptual design alternatives, discussion of anticipated impacts, estimated construction costs, anticipated right-of-way/property impacts, and likely permitting actions. The purpose of this Feasibility Study is to inform the City’s decision as to whether it should pursue further coordination and design efforts leading to construction of a rail-to-trail facility as described in the study or some similar, practical and feasible alternative.
The draft study may be viewed here: Shared Use Path Feasibility Study Canal and RR ROW 2022
The City would appreciate receiving public feedback in the form of comments and suggestions. Please send all comments to Planning@cityofwoburn.com or by mailing them to the Woburn Planning Department, 10 Common Street, Woburn, MA 01801, attention “Multi Use Path”. Deadline for receipt of comments on the draft feasibility study is 5:00 p.m. on January 20, 2023.