The following is the Notice of Meeting and, at the time of posting, a listing of topics that the President reasonably anticipates will be discussed at the Regular Meeting of the City Council on Tuesday, October 4, 2022, at 7:00 p.m. in the City Council Chambers, Woburn City Hall, 10 Common Street, Woburn. The order of the matters may be amended at the meeting.
- Roll Call.
- Reading of Previous Meetings Journal.
- Communications from His Honor the Mayor:
- Order authorizing Mayor to accept easements from 120 Commerce Apartments LLC.
- Order to appropriate the sum of $80,000.00 from Cemetery Interest Fund Acct# 65259-595000 to New Equipment/Cemetery Acct# 0149058-586600.
- Order to amend Woburn Municipal Code Sections 2-160 through 2-162A regarding the Council on Aging.
- New Petitions:
- Petitions for renewal of Second Class Motor Vehicles Sales Licenses by the following: ACT Leasing, Inc., 215 Salem Street; David Dellarocco dba Woburn Auto Sales, 5 Crescent Avenue, #4; and Capelo’s Auto Service, Inc. dba Capelo’s Auto Sales, 22 Winn Street.
- NStar Electric Company d/b/a Eversource Energy and Verizon New England Inc., for grant of right in a way to install 2 new JO Poles (60/25 and 60/26), in East Dexter Avenue.
- Rumsford Linscott, LLC for special permit pursuant to Section 7.3 of the 1985 City of Woburn Zoning Ordinance, as amended, to allow for a single-story building addition totaling 4,994 gross square feet, at 35 Cabot Road.
- Public Hearings:
- Verizon New England, Inc. for a grant of right in a way to install: four (4) four-inch conduits 244 feet from manhole 204A to the intersection of Montvale Avenue and Hill Street; and four (4) four-inch conduits 706 feet with two manholes on Hill Street.
- National Grid for a grant of right in a way to install approximately 1900 feet of 2-inch, plastic gas main in New Boston Street for both new and replacement lines.
- National Grid for a grant of right in a way to install approximately 60 feet of 4-inch, plastic gas main in Grape Street to connect to an existing main in Albany Street.
- Carden Muffin, Inc. for a special permit to allow for an existing nonconforming use and structure for a fast-food restaurant (sale of charcuterie boards) at 221 Main Street.
- Dan N. Zhu d/b/a Jo Salon for a special permit to allow for muscular therapy at 440 Main Street a/k/a 442 Main Street.
- Veir Inc for a special permit to construct and use a temporary testing facility at 6 Draper Street.
- CCF New Boston Property Company LLC for Special Permits pursuant to Section 5.1(30b); Section 5.1(41a); Section 5.1(53), Section 8.3.1, and Site Plan Review pursuant to Section 12.2.4 to allow for a two (2) story building containing approximately 133,738 sf of net floor area with the following uses: Office (approximately 39,229 sf); Manufacturing (approximately 33,514 sf); and Lab Use (approximately 58,845 sf) with accessory high hazard use and the parking of ninety-two (92) vehicles on an adjacent lot located at 225 Merrimac Street, at 216 New Boston Street. [request to continue filed]
- CCF New Boston Property Company LLC for Special Permits pursuant to Section 5.1(30b); Section 5.1(41a), and Site Plan Review pursuant to Section 12.2.4 to allow for a four (4) story building containing approximately 174,812 sf of net floor area with the following uses: office (approximately 67,056 sf) and Lab Use (approximately 100,584 sf), as well as the Petitioner is proposing to construct a parking garage to accommodate approximately 451 parking spaces, at 225 Merrimac Street. [request to continue filed]
- U-Haul Co. of Massachusetts and Ohio, Inc. request for special permit pursuant to Section 7.3 and Site Plan Review under Section 12 of the 1985 City of Woburn Zoning Ordinance, as amended, to allow for: 1. a modification of Special Permits dated September 1, 2011 and July 9, 2015; 2. the alteration of the existing nonconforming use and structure under Section 7.3 to allow for a one story addition containing approximately 19,831 gross square feet of gross floor area for the storage of U-Boxes, an increase of U-Boxes from 816 to 1200, an increase in self-storage units from 802 to 1202; 3. Site Plan Review under Section 12 since there is an increase of gross floor area in excess of 5,000 square feet (19,831 square feet); and 4. the construction of the addition within the Flood Plain District under Section 9, at 31 Olympia Avenue. [request to continue filed]
- TDC Development Group, LLC to amend the 1985 City of Woburn Zoning Ordinance, as amended, to add new Section 32 Life Sciences and Business Overlay District (LBOD) located at Woburn Assessors’ Map 29, Block 01, Lot 2; Map 29, Block 01, Lot 3; Map 29, Block 01, Lot 4; and Map 29, Block 01, Lot 5; and to amend the zoning map for the four parcels of land known as Middlesex Canal Park (29-01-02), Middlesex Canal Park (29-01-03), 25 Middlesex Canal Park (29-01-04), 15 Middlesex Canal Park (29-01-05), together containing approximately 32.96 acres of land as shown on a plan entitled “Zoning Amendment Plan” dated July 6, 2022 from the B-I zoning district to Life Sciences and Business Overlay District (LBOD) proposed zoning district. [request to continue filed]
- Unfinished Business from Previous Meetings:
- Communication from Mayor requesting time to discuss update on PFAS drinking water standard at the October 4, 2022 meeting.
- Committee Reports:
- Order to appropriate the sum of $19,500.00 from Traffic Safety & Infrastructure Acct to Washington Street Drainage Improvements Acct# 360058-588235 $10,700.00 and UHall Olympia Ave Acct# 360058-588206 $8,850.00. (OTP)
- Musto Jewelers for renewal of Secondhand Dealers and Secondhand Collectors License at 186 Cambridge Road, #9. (OTP)
- Citizen’s Participation: None.
- Communications and Reports:
- Parking Clerk report for August 2022.
- Communication from License Commission regarding Home Rule Petition for Woburn Village on Mishawum Road.
- Appointments and Elections: None.
- Motions, Orders and Resolutions:
- Order Calling State Election November 8, 2022.
Notice of Hearing – Carden Muffin – 221 Main Street 10-04-2022
Notice of Hearing – Dan N. Zhu dba Jo Salon – 440 Main Street aka 442 Main Street 10-04-2022
Notice of Hearing – Veir – 6 Draper Street 10-04-2022
Notice of Hearing – Verizon – Hill Street 10-04-2022
Notice of Hearing – National Grid – New Boston Street 10-04-2022