This meeting was originally scheduled for July 12, 2022, at 6:30 p.m.
The following is the Notice of Meeting and, at the time of posting, a listing of topics that the President reasonably anticipates will be discussed at the Regular Meeting of the City Council on Tuesday, July 12, 2022, at 6:30 p.m. in the City Council Chambers, Woburn City Hall, 10 Common Street, Woburn. The order of the matters may be amended at the meeting. This meeting has been rescheduled for Tuesday, July 19, 2022, at 6:30 p.m.
- Roll Call.
- Reading of Previous Meetings Journal.
- Communications from His Honor the Mayor:
- Communication regarding 5 Year Capital Improvement Plan (FY 2023-FY 2027).
- Capital Budget FY 2023.
- Order to amend Woburn Municipal Code Section 2-41 changing Personnel Department to Human Resources Department, as well as designating the mayor as appointing authority.
- Order to amend Woburn Municipal Code Section 2-180 Base Salaries for the Water Treatment Plant Manager.
- New Petitions:
- The Church of the Living God for special event permit for a music concert on August 8, 2022, at Horn Pond Ice House Park.
- N. Wood Enviro LLC special permit petition to amend Landowner’s Decision and Notice of Special Permit dated August 6, 2020, and Section 7.3 of the 1985 City of Woburn Zoning Ordinance, as amended, to allow for alteration of nonconforming structure to provide for a roof over the existing concrete slab, at 200 Merrimac Street.
- TDC Development Group, LLC request to amend the 1985 City of Woburn Zoning Ordinance, as amended, to add new Section 32 Life Sciences and Business Overlay District (LBOD) located at Woburn Assessors’ Map 29, Block 01, Lot 2; Map 29, Block 01, Lot 3; Map 29, Block 01, Lot 4; and Map 29, Block 01, Lot 5.
- TDC Development Group, LLC request to amend the zoning map for the four parcels of land known as Middlesex Canal Park (29-01-02), Middlesex Canal Park (29-01-03), 25 Middlesex Canal Park (29-01-04), 15 Middlesex Canal Park (29-01-05), together containing approximately 32.96 acres of land as shown on a plan entitled “Zoning Amendment Plan” dated July 6, 2022 from the B-I zoning district to Life Sciences and Business Overlay District (LBOD) proposed zoning district.
- Poke Hot LLC request for minor modification to Landowner’s Decision and Notice of Special Permit dated October 11, 2012, issued to Great Saves Concepts #30, LLC d/b/a Firehouse Subs, to change the petitioner to Poke Hot LLC, at 103 Commerce Way.
- Verizon New England Inc. request to remove Provision No. 2 from conditions for grant of right in a way in Montvale Avenue as approved by City Council on May 3, 2022.
- Public Hearings:
- Boston Gas dba National Grid for grant of right in a way to install approximately 354 feet of 4-inch, plastic gas main in East Dexter Avenue from an existing gas main in North Maple Street.
- CCF New Boston Property Company LLC for Special Permits pursuant to Section 5.1(30b); Section 5.1(41a); Section 5.1(53), Section 8.3.1, and Site Plan Review pursuant to Section 12.2.4 to allow for a two (2) story building containing approximately 133,738 sf of net floor area with the following uses: Office (approximately 39,229 sf); Manufacturing (approximately 33,514 sf); and Lab Use (approximately 58,845 sf) with accessory high hazard use and the parking of ninety-two (92) vehicles on an adjacent lot located at 225 Merrimac Street, at 216 New Boston Street. [request to continue filed]
- CCF New Boston Property Company LLC for Special Permits pursuant to Section 5.1(30b); Section 5.1(41a), and Site Plan Review pursuant to Section 12.2.4 to allow for a four (4) story building containing approximately 174,812 sf of net floor area with the following uses: office (approximately 67,056 sf) and Lab Use (approximately 100,584 sf), as well as the Petitioner is proposing to construct a parking garage to accommodate approximately 451 parking spaces, at 225 Merrimac Street. [request to continue filed]
- Robert D. Gaudet & Sons Cleaning Services Inc. d/b/a Service Master by Gaudet, for a special permit from Section 7.3 of the 1985 City of Woburn Zoning Ordinance, as amended, to allow for the alteration of the preexisting nonconforming use (moving and storage warehouse business) and nonconforming structure to allow for: 1. Service use in connection with the operation of a business office under Section 5.1 (31); 2. the overnight parking of ten (10) commercial vehicles on the premises; 3. a service use area in excess of twenty (20%) percent of the gross floor area of the principal structure; and 4. The continuation of the existing nonconforming structure related to parking setbacks, buffer zone compliance, loading door fronting on Blueberry Hill Road, and interior parking landscaping, at 90 Blueberry Hill Road.
- Iryana Market request for a special permit pursuant to the 1985 Woburn Zoning Ordinance, as amended, Section 5.1(29) to allow for restaurant, fast food, at 442-444 Main Street.
- U-Haul Co. of Massachusetts and Ohio, Inc. request for special permit pursuant to Section 7.3 and Site Plan Review under Section 12 of the 1985 City of Woburn Zoning Ordinance, as amended, to allow for: 1. a modification of Special Permits dated September 1, 2011 and July 9, 2015; 2. the alteration of the existing nonconforming use and structure under Section 7.3 to allow for a one story addition containing approximately 19,831 gross square feet of gross floor area for the storage of U-Boxes, an increase of U-Boxes from 816 to 1200, an increase in self-storage units from 802 to 1202; 3. Site Plan Review under Section 12 since there is an increase of gross floor area in excess of 5,000 square feet (19,831 square feet); and 4. the construction of the addition within the Flood Plain District under Section 9, at 11 Olympia Avenue.
- ECA NEMA Brightfields I, LLC and ECA NEMA Brightfields II, LLC request for special permit and site plan review pursuant to the 1985 Woburn Zoning Ordinance, as amended, Section 12 and Section 26, to modify existing special permit issued on June 10, 2021, regarding the site plan and solar array layout, at the Industri-Plex site at 134 Commerce Way, 39 Atlantic Avenue, 132 Commerce Way, four parcels off New Boston Street, 30 Atlantic Avenue and 0 New Boston Street.
- McDonald’s Real Estate Company request for a special permit pursuant to the 1985 Woburn Zoning Ordinance, as amended, Section 7.3 and Section 9, to allow for a modification to the Site Plan of Record dated December 2, 2011, within the Floodway, at 333 Montvale Avenue.
- Unfinished Business from Previous Meetings: None.
- Committee Reports:
- Order to transfer $246,738.31 from Mayor Salary Adjustment Acct to Various Accounts Department Salaries. (OTP)
- Order to transfer $29,000.00 from Stabilization Affordable Housing Acct to Planning Consultant/Peer Review Acct. (OTP)
- Order to amend Woburn Municipal Code Section 2-180 relative to non-union department head salaries. (OTP)
- Transfer of Second-Class Motor Vehicle Sales License from Capelo’s Auto Service, Inc. dba J.C. Auto Sales to JFSO Auto Sales, LLC at 84-86 Winn Street. (OTP)
- Review and Potential Approval of Settlement Agreement for NAI Entertainment Holdings LLC v. Woburn City Council.
- Citizen’s Participation: None.
- Communications and Reports:
- Parking Clerk report for May 2022.
- Building commissioner quarterly nuisance property report.
- Appointments and Elections: None.
- Motions, Orders and Resolutions:
- Order to authorize Police Department to dispose of surplus equipment.
- Order to authorize Parks Department to dispose of surplus equipment.
- Order to authorize Department of Public Works to dispose of surplus equipment.
- Order canceling September 6, 2022, meeting due to state primary election.
The original notice of meeting for the July 12, 2022, at 6:30 p.m. was posted on July 7, 2022 at 6:10 p.m., and a revised notice of meeting was posted on July 8, 2022 at 12:34 p.m.
Further, on July 11, 2022, at 9:50 a.m. this meeting for July 12, 2022 at 6:30 a.m. was rescheduled for July 19, 2022 at 6:30 p.m.