The following is the Notice of Meeting and, at the time of posting, a listing of topics that the President reasonably anticipates will be discussed at the Regular Meeting of the City Council on Tuesday, June 7, 2022 at 7:00 p.m. in the City Council Chambers, Woburn City Hall, 10 Common Street, Woburn. The order of the matters may be amended at the meeting.
- Roll Call.
- Reading of Previous Meetings Journal.
- Communications from His Honor the Mayor:
- New Petitions:
- Transfer of Second Class Motor Vehicle Sales License from Capelo’s Auto Service, Inc. dba J.C. Auto Sales to JFSO Auto Sales, LLC at 84-86 Winn Street.
- Boston Gas dba National Grid for grant of right in a way to install approximately 354 feet of 4-inch, plastic gas main in East Dexter Avenue from an existing gas main in North Maple Street.
- Robert D. Gaudet & Sons Cleaning Services Inc. d/b/a Service Master by Gaudet, for a special permit from Section 7.3 of the 1985 City of Woburn Zoning Ordinance, as amended, to allow for the alteration of the preexisting nonconforming use (moving and storage warehouse business) and nonconforming structure to allow for: 1. Service use in connection with the operation of a business office under Section 5.1 (31); 2. the overnight parking of ten (10) commercial vehicles on the premises; 3. a service use area in excess of twenty (20%) percent of the gross floor area of the principal structure; and 4. The continuation of the existing nonconforming structure related to parking setbacks, buffer zone compliance, loading door fronting on Blueberry Hill Road, and interior parking landscaping, at 90 Blueberry Hill Road.
- U-Haul Co. of Massachusetts and Ohio, Inc. request for special permit pursuant to Section 7.3 and Site Plan Review under Section 12 of the 1985 City of Woburn Zoning Ordinance, as amended, to allow for: 1. a modification of Special Permits dated September 1, 2011 and July 9, 2015; 2. the alteration of the existing nonconforming use and structure under Section 7.3 to allow for a one story addition containing approximately 19,831 gross square feet of gross floor area for the storage of U-Boxes, an increase of U-Boxes from 816 to 1200, an increase in self-storage units from 802 to 1202; 3. Site Plan Review under Section 12 since there is an increase of gross floor area in excess of 5,000 square feet (19,831 square feet); and 4. the construction of the addition within the Flood Plain District under Section 9, at 11 Olympia Avenue.
- Public Hearings:
- Jennie Silva for a special permit pursuant to the 1985 Woburn Zoning Ordinance, as amended, Section 5.1(33b), to allow muscular therapy, at 21 Cummings Park, Suite 206.
- Montvale Land LLC request to amend Sections 13 and 28 of the 1985 City of Woburn Zoning Ordinance, as amended, to allow for offsite directional signage and solar photovoltaic systems in the Technology and Business Mixed Use Overlay District.
- Rhino FE 400 Presidential LLC for a special permit and site plan review pursuant to the 1985 Woburn Zoning Ordinance, as amended, Sections 5.1(41a) and 5.1(66), and Section 12, for approval for a life science laboratory with research and development uses and ancillary office space, at 400 Presidential Way.
- Guardado Landscaping for a special permit to allow overnight parking for 3 trucks and 2 trailers, at 11 Green Street.
- CCF New Boston Property Company LLC for Special Permits pursuant to Section 5.1(30b); Section 5.1(41a); Section 5.1(53), Section 8.3.1, and Site Plan Review pursuant to Section 12.2.4 to allow for a two (2) story building containing approximately 133,738 sf of net floor area with the following uses: Office (approximately 39,229 sf); Manufacturing (approximately 33,514 sf); and Lab Use (approximately 58,845 sf) with accessory high hazard use and the parking of ninety-two (92) vehicles on an adjacent lot located at 225 Merrimac Street, at 216 New Boston Street.
- CCF New Boston Property Company LLC for Special Permits pursuant to Section 5.1(30b); Section 5.1(41a), and Site Plan Review pursuant to Section 12.2.4 to allow for a four (4) story building containing approximately 174,812 sf of net floor area with the following uses: office (approximately 67,056 sf) and Lab Use (approximately 100,584 sf), as well as the Petitioner is proposing to construct a parking garage to accommodate approximately 451 parking spaces, at 225 Merrimack Street.
- Unfinished Business from Previous Meetings: None.
- Committee Reports:
- Reappointment of James T. Shattuck as the Sealer of Weights and Measures. (OTP)
- Appointment of Seth Libert as a Trustee of the Woburn Public Library. (OTP)
- Toll Brothers request for minor modification of special permit to allow for a temporary occupancy permit to issue while waiting for poles and removal of abandoned poles, at 120 Commerce Way. (Back for Action)
- Citizen’s Participation: None.
- Communications and Reports:
- Parking Clerk report for April 2022.
- Communication from State Representative Richard M. Haggerty regarding MBTA bus route changes.
- Appointments and Elections: None.
- Motions, Orders and Resolutions: None.
Notice of Hearing – Rhino FE 400 Presidential LLC – 400 Presidential Way – 6-7-2022
Notice of Hearing – Jennie Silva – 21 Cummings Park, Suite 206 – 6-7-2022
Notice of Hearing – Guardado Landscaping – 11 Green Street – 6-7-2022
Notice of Hearing – CCF New Boston – 216 New Boston Street – 6-7-2022
Notice of Hearing – CCF New Boston – 225 Merrimac Street – 6-7-2022