The following is the Notice of Meeting and, at the time of posting, a listing of topics that the President reasonably anticipates will be discussed at the Regular Meeting of the City Council on Tuesday, October 5, 2021 at 7:00 p.m. in the City Council Chambers, Woburn City Hall, 10 Common Street, Woburn. The order of the matters may be amended at the meeting.
- Roll Call.
- Reading of Previous Meetings Journal.
- Communications from His Honor the Mayor:
- Order to transfer the sum of $129,000.00 from Stabilization Fund Acct to Settlement Payment Applejack Realty Trust.
- New Petitions:
- Comcast for grant of right in a way to install a new conduit at 275 Main Street.
- Petitions for renewal of Second Class Motor Vehicles Sales Licenses by ACT Leasing, Inc., 215 Salem Street, and McSheffrey Auto Sales, Inc., 878 Main Street.
- Mass General Brigham for special permit pursuant to Section 13.7 of the 1985 City of Woburn Zoning Ordinance, as amended, to amend special permit granted July 18, 2017 to replace 5 signs due to name change from “Partners Urgent Care” to “Mass General Brigham” at 425 Washington Street.
- TDC Development Group, LLC proposed amendment to the 1985 City of Woburn Zoning Ordinance, as amended, to add new Section 32 Life Sciences and Business Mixed Use Overlay District (LBOD).
- Lawless Inc. for special permit to modify Landowner’s Decision and Notice of Special Permit dated May 11, 2017 at 8 Draper Street.
- Lawless Inc. for a special permit to modify Landowner’s Decision and Notice of Special Permit dated June 14, 2005 pursuant to Section 7.3 and Section 12 of the 1985 City of Woburn Zoning Ordinance, as amended, at 196 Lexington Street.
- Lahey Hospital & Medical Center request for Minor Modification to Landowner’s Decision and Notice of Special Permit dated December 3, 2020 that Condition 3 of the Decision be modified to allow for an extension of one (1) year to December 3, 2022 for the drive thru COVID-19 testing facility at 8 Presidential Way.
- Public Hearings:
- NStar Electric Company, d/b/a Eversource Energy, and Verizon, New England Inc. for grant of right in a way to install one (1) joint owned pole (94/2A) on Green Street near 8-10 Green Street.
- Jackson Lumber for special permit: 1. To amend a special permit to allow additional drainage and pavement to expand parking lot; and 2. Alteration of existing use to allow for drainage and pavement, at 36 Prospect Street.
- CONTINUUS Pharmaceuticals, Inc. for a special permit to allow: Revised site plan file with Special Permit Petition; 2. A Modification to the Landowner’s Decision and Notice of Special Permit dated March 29, 2018 (the “Decision”) to allow for a total of approximately 37,728 square feet of light manufacturing use; and approximately 13,038 square feet of office use; and 7,440 square feet of light manufacturing use; 3. A Special Permit pursuant to Section 9 to allow for the requested uses within the limits of the Floodway and Food Plain Districts; 4. Site Plan Approval pursuant to Section 12.2.4; and 5. A Special Permit pursuant to Section 5.1(53) to allow for a high hazard use, at 32 Cabot Road. [request to continue filed].
- Toll Brothers to amend a prior special permit dated June 6, 2017, under Section 23.4.2 the 1985 Woburn Zoning Ordinances, as amended, as follows: 1. Remove the requirement under Section 8 of the decision requiring installation of two islands on Mishawum Road as shown on Offsite Landscape Plan, Sheet C-6B; 2. Require the petitioner to expend funds equal to the cost of above, to make other improvements related to the project as determined by the City Engineer or to deposit that amount with the City to install the islands; 3. Change the designation of “Retail” use for 3,180 square feet on the first floor to “Restaurant or Retail” at 120 Commerce Way. (Back for Action)
- Cabot, Cabot & Forbes LLC for Special Permit pursuant to Section 126.96.36.199(a), Section 188.8.131.52(b)(e), Section 184.108.40.206(a), Section 23.9 and Section 12 of the 1985 City of Woburn Zoning Ordinance, as amended, to allow for: Two Hundred Fifty (250) residential dwelling units; 2. Accessory pool; 3. Approximately 2,125 square feet of commercial, restaurant, fitness and/or retail space; 4. Site Plan Approval for Two Hundred Fifty (250) residential dwelling units; and 5. All signage as shown on the Site Plan, at 0 New Boston Street.
- Montvale Land LLC for approval of amended Master Concept Plan pursuant to Section 28.4.3 of the City of Woburn Zoning Ordinance, as amended, for the Vale, located on Hill Street, and for a Special Permit with Site Plan Review under the Technology Business Overlay District under the 1985 City of Woburn Zoning Ordinance, as amended, to allow for life science campus with a mix of R&D lab buildings, a cGMP biomanufacturing building, and an amenity building of approximately 10,000 square feet, at A2 Hill Street.
- New England Gypsum Supply, Inc., for a Special Permit pursuant to Section 5.1(42), 5.1(57b) and 7.3 of the 1985 City of Woburn Zoning Ordinance, as amended, to allow for a wholesale establishment, warehouse and distribution center, overnight parking of up to five (5) commercial motor vehicles (vans) and for the continued use of the nonconforming building and loading docks, at 1 Adele Road.
- Unfinished Business from Previous Meetings:
- Presentation by Powers and Sullivan regarding the end of year audit results.
- Committee Reports: None.
- Citizen’s Participation: None.
- Communications and Reports:
- Parking Clerk report for August 2021.
- Communication from State Representative Richard M. Haggerty regarding Changing of the Name of Members of the City Council to Councilor.
- Appointments and Elections: None.
- Motions, Orders and Resolutions:
- Order calling Municipal Election on November 2, 2021.
- Order amending Woburn Municipal Code by deleting “alderman”, “aldermen”, and “aldermen-at-large”, and replacing with “city councilor”, “city councilors”, and “city councilors-at-large”.
Notice of Hearing – Cabot, Cabot & Forbes LLC – 0 New Boston Street – 10-5-2021
Notice of Hearing – Montvale Land LLC – A2 Hill Street – 10-5-2021
Notice of Hearing – New England Gypsum Supply, Inc. – 1 Adele Road – 10-5-2021