WOBURN PUBLIC LIBRARY
HEAD OF TECHNOLOGY
The Woburn Public Library is seeking a Head of Technology to provide leadership and technical expertise to both staff and patrons. We’re looking for someone who is self-motivated, cares about accuracy, wants to learn new computer and Maker Space skills, and can handle stressful situations with grace and good humor. Additionally, we are looking for someone who is excited to engage in all aspects of technical services including acquisitions, cataloging, classification and processing and who will provide thoughtful guidance and supervision of technical services staff.
- Maintains the library’s computer systems and peripherals for staff and patrons, and makes repairs or coordinates repairs with vendors.
- Plans for future technology requirements, and investigates new products and services.
- Responsible for overseeing the library’s technical services operation including managing the ordering budget, and training and supervision of technical services staff.
- Serves as the primary liaison to the Minuteman Library Network (MLN) for technical matters, and manages the library’s automated systems.
- Works with City’s IT Department to maintain integration between the library, the City, MLN and various vendors.
- Serves as the library’s webmaster, including updating the library website’s content, coordinating with internal departments and third-party website vendors.
- Provides routine coverage at public service desks as needed.
- Flexibility with work schedule needed to accommodate computer maintenance in off hours.
- Experience using an integrated library system is required, Innovative Interface’s Sierra is preferred.
- MLS or MLIS from an ALA accredited institution and three years of progressively responsible library experience preferred, but not required.
- Knowledge of VLANs and network segmentation, hardware, Enterprise workstation imaging software, and cloud systems.
- Excellent customer service skills, adaptability to constantly changing technology, and the ability to communicate effectively.
- Self-motivated, able to prioritize multiple tasks and deal effectively with interruptions and to identify and analyze complex issues to develop appropriate recommendations.
- Experience supervising and training others is preferred.
$58,958.98 – $72,662.37 commensurate with experience. City’s health, retirement and benefits package.
Open until filled.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and three professional references to Karen Crawford, Human Resources Assistant, [email protected].
This is a union position. The City of Woburn is an EOE Employer.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org