ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
PLANNING BOARD/WOBURN REVELOPMENT AUTHORITY
SUMMARY OF POSITION
Professional, technical work advancing the City of Woburn’s economic development activities, strategies and goals, recruiting and retaining businesses, increasing the commercial and industrial tax base, and working with multiple stakeholders to maintain economically-vibrant business districts to strategically position the City to successfully compete regionally for economic development.
- Leadership role in promoting economic development in identified, priority development areas such as the downtown and New Boston Street area.
- Coordinates the implementation of economic development priorities as identified in City plans, policies, and as assigned. Under direction of Mayor and Planning Board Director converts ideas into action plans to affect economic development outcomes.
- Assists Director in administering the work program of the Woburn Redevelopment Authority, including initiatives outlined in the City’s 2021 Rapid Recovery Plan for downtown.
- Attends and participates in WRA and other internal and external meetings, some of which may be before or after normal business hours.
- Cultivates and maintains strong professional working relationships with a range of stakeholders to support economic development-related goals.
- Coordinates and participates in special events related to businesses and economic development.
- Reviews City policies and regulations and suggests revisions needed to support economic development goals.
- Develops and maintains a database of economic development information including existing businesses, business leads, and key contacts; on-going projects and initiatives; and public-sector and private-sector locations available for sale or lease.
- Pursues relevant grant opportunities as directed.
- Provides a limited amount of customer service assistance as needed to applicants throughout certain grant application and permitting processes.
- Conducts research and prepares reports as directed.
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, urban planning, or related field;
- At least three (3) years of progressively responsible experience in municipal economic development, planning, or real estate development, or any equivalent combination of education and progressively responsible experience, with additional work experience substituting for the required education on a year for year basis; and
- A valid Driver’s License.
SALARY: $75,000 – $80,000 annually, dependent on qualifications and experience.
HOURS: 32.5 Hours per week, 3-year position.
TO APPLY: Please submit Cover Letter and Resume to: Elaine Pruyne, Director of Human Resources, Woburn City Hall, 10 Common Street, Woburn, MA 01801 or email [email protected]
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org