General Tax & Payment Information

Water / Sewer


The City of Woburn Public Works issues all water/sewer bills. This bill is sent separately from fiscal year real estate bills. All water/sewer bills are considered PAID WHEN RECEIVED.

Residential Properties

For residential properties, water/sewer chargers are calculated on a flat-fee basis for each property owner and are issued retroactively every six months (usually issued in August and February) for service periods January 1 through June 30 and July 1 through December 31, respectively. Current water and sewer use charges are not shown on the real estate tax bill.

Commercial Properties

For Commercial properties, water / sewer chargers are calculated on a per use charge determined by the reading of the property’s water meter. Unless otherwise noted, commercial property bills will be issued retroactively every six months (usually issued in August and February) for service periods January 1 through June 30 and July 1 through December 31, respectively. in arrears on a six month basis.

The water and sewer use charge represents both capital debt costs and ongoing operational costs of the system.


The owner of any property shall be liable for the payment of all charges for water and sewer furnished at the premises. The failure of the owner or customer to receive a bill does not relieve him or her from the obligation of timely payment or the consequences of non-payment. All water that passes through a meter will be charged for, regardless of whether it is used or wasted.

Due Dates and Late Charges

The water and sewer charges are due 30 days from the billing date. All water/sewer bills are considered PAID WHEN RECEIVED. Interest at the rate of 14% per annum will accrue from the billing date on unpaid balances not paid in full by the due date. Charges remaining unpaid after 30 days, together with demand fee of $10.00 will be subject to liens against the property to which the water and sewer is supplied in accordance with Massachusetts General Laws, Chapter 40, Sections 42A – 42F. The City of Woburn may also terminate water service for non-payment of any water and sewer charges or interest due thereon.


If you have a question regarding the calculation of your water / sewer charge or a change of address request, please contact the Water Department at 781-897-5944. If you have a question about the payment of your bill, please contact the City of Woburn Collector’s Office at 781-897-5870.

Vendor Payments

Vendor Instructions

  • All vendor payments originate from the department that purchased the item or contracted for the service. Your first contact should always be to that department
  • If the department confirms that they have processed the invoice, the City of Woburn has an Accounts Payable office that can be reached at 781-897-5860 to verify the status of the invoice and payment
  • Questions about the status of an issued check or stop payments can be directed to the Treasurer’s Office at 781-897-5870.


Replacing Your W-2

If you have lost your W-2 or need a copy of a prior year’s W-2, please call the Treasurer’s Office at 781-897-5870 to request a copy. You will need to provide your social security number, the department you worked for and the address the City of Woburn had on file for you during the appropriate year.

Please note that there is only one original W-2 form created. If it is lost, only a photocopy can be supplied. A copy of your W-2 form may be used for tax purposes.

Mayor Galvin and the Board of Health are asking members of the community to practice strict physical distancing to save lives and contain the spread of COVID-19. For more information please visit this page