The Woburn Senior Center is closed until further notice.
All programs at the Center are cancelled during this time period.
Call 781-897-5960 for assistance
A message from our staff…
To our dearest friends,
We hope you are all faring well during this very unsettling time. We want you to know that even though the center itself is closed, our staff is available to you. Please call us with any questions, concerns, or just to check in. We can not express how much we miss having you all at the center. We are all looking forward to seeing your smiling faces again. Please be safe, and make sure you are practicing “social distancing”, do not take any unnecessary risks. If you need something, anything, call us. We are here for you, always.
Marie, Joyce, Michelle, Paul, and Meg
A few updates:
- Meals on Wheels will continue to be delivered. The Meals on Wheels staff and volunteer drivers are taking every precaution to maintain our seniors’ safety. To sign up for Meals on Wheels call 781-272-7177, and ask to be directed to “intake”.
- The AARP Tax Aide Appointments that were scheduled have been canceled. Fortunately, the State and Federal income tax deadlines have been extended until July 15th. We will keep you posted regarding the possibility of these appointments being rescheduled.
- SHINE counselors are available by phone for new referrals. Please call and leave a message, and a SHINE counselor will contact you as soon as possible. The direct phone number is 781-221-7029.
- Council on Aging staff are available via telephone to provide assistance with food, transportation, and other essential needs. Call 781-897-5960 and someone will assist you as soon as possible.
- Governor Baker has issued an Order effective Wednesday, May 6 requiring face masks or cloth face coverings in public places where social distancing is not possible. This applies to both indoor and outdoor spaces. Exceptions include children under the age of 2 and those unable to wear a mask or face covering due to a medical condition. Read the full DPH Guidance
Helpful Links to assist Seniors during COVID-19
Helpful Phone Numbers for Seniors During COVID19
Massachusetts Council on Aging COVID-19 Resources
CDC Guidelines for Seniors and High Risk Population
Mass.gov Maintaining Emotional Well-Being during COVID 19
Health and Safety
These health and safety tips are not guaranteed by the Woburn Senior Center. They are for informational purposes only. Please follow all CDC and Mass. Dept. of Public Health guidelines to keep yourself safe from COVID-19.
How to Clean and Sanitize with Bleach
The 411 on Sanitizing Wipes
How to make a No-Sew Face Mask
Staying Safe during COVID-19 a message from the Department of Public Health
Woburn Public Library Senior Resources
Woburn Public Library Resource Round Up
Minuteman Senior Services Updates
COVID-19 Related Changes Affecting MassHealth, Health Connecter, and Health Safety Net
Food and Financial/Legal Assistance
Department of Transitional Assistance
Woburn Council of Social Concern-Food Pantry
United Way of Massachusetts Bay and Merrimack Valley
UPDATE – Highlights of the CARES Act
MA Legal Services Helpline
If you are looking for a way to help our seniors in this time of need, please contact Meg Rodriguez, our Outreach Coordinator, to have your name added to our Volunteer List.
Meg can be reached at 781-897-5965, or by email at [email protected]
Click Here for some “Stay at Home” Activities to keep you busy while your safe at home.