The Highway Department provides for the safety and maintenance of all public ways.
The Highway Department staff maintains roads, streets, crosswalks, center and parking lines, and traffic and street signs. The Highway Department completes the following tasks:
- Patch roadways
- Repair potholes
- Street sweeping
- Plow and sand all public roads and streets during snow and ice conditions
- Maintain sidewalks
- Install new sidewalks and handicap ramps
- Installation of street signs
- Painting of street lines and crosswalks
- Maintenance of drain system and brooks, including catch basins
State Roads Maintained by Mass Highway
The following is a list of state roads maintained by Mass Highway. All inquires regarding maintenance of these roads should by directed to Mass Highway at 781-641-8300.
- Lexington Street
- Cambridge Road
- Washington Street from Salem Street to Reading line
- Mishawum Road from Commerce Way to Washington Street
- Main Street from Middlesex Canal to Elm Street
- Main Street from Altavesta Circle to Wilmington line
- Montvale Avenue from Ranin Road to Stoneham line
- Salem Street from railroad bridge to Washington Street
Fill out your completed trench permit and return to:
50 N. Warren St.
Woburn, MA 01801