The Woburn Public Library, founded in 1856, moved to its current location in 1879. The first library designed by acclaimed architect H. H. Richardson, the building is a National Historic Landmark.
The Woburn Public Library is a medium-sized library serving an economically developed suburban community of approximately 39,000. The library seeks to be an integral part of the community by providing all residents with a wide variety of popular and reference materials, resources, services, and programs that extend their personal and intellectual development.
The Woburn Public Library is a 501 (c)(3) organization.