The Human Resources Department is responsible for ensuring that employees and candidates for employment are treated fairly and equitably. This includes responsibilities for employment opportunities, employment benefits, and workers compensation.
The main mission of the Human Resources Department for the City of Woburn is two-fold, to ensure that employees, active and retired, are treated fairly and equitably under the rules, regulations, laws and contracts that apply to them, as well as to provide support and guidance in helping employees develop their greatest potential to serve the City of Woburn. To accomplish their mission, the HR Department plays an active role in:
- Employee procedures, including wage and hour administration.
- Labor relations.
- Employment opportunities and hiring, including:
- Civil Service
- Official Service
- Labor Service
- Hiring which is exempt from Civil Service laws and guidelines
Benefits for City employees include:
- Contributory health insurance
- Contributory life insurance
- 100% employee-paid dental insurance
- Voluntary Deferred Compensation Plan
- Comprehensive Employee Assistance Program
- Paid vacation and personal days
- Earned sick leave and bereavement days
- Workers Compensation.
- Department of Unemployment Assistance (unemployment) claims.
- Various other matters, such as Safety, Equal Employment Opportunities and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), which affect employees.
- Communicating information regarding employees to the City management team, the City Council, the media, the citizens of Woburn, other interested parties and the employees themselves.