The following general rules for the Community Gardens is for informational purposes only, and are subject to change. A copy of the Rules and Regulations for the current season will be given to each registered gardener.
- Garden plots are for horticultural use only.
- Pets are not permitted in the garden area.
- All work must be performed during daylight hours.
- All work (other than rototill work) shall be done with hand tools only.
- Gardens and the paths around them must be kept clean and free of weeds.
- The use of weed killers (herbicides) is prohibited.
- The use of pesticides and chemical fertilizers is strictly prohibited in the organic section.
- Pesticides in non-organic areas may be used only if they bear a registration number and directions for home and garden use.
- Sprinklers and hoses may not be left connected to spigots with the water running unattended.
- Storage of personal tools at the gardens is not allowed.
- No illegal plants are permitted to be planted or brought to the community gardens.
- Potatoes (which present an insect control problem) may not be planted in garden plots.
- Trees and bushes are not allowed to be planted in garden plots.
- The removal of topsoil when harvesting crops is prohibited.
- Garden wastes shall be thrown into the weed dump provided.
- Barrels are provided for paper, plastic containers, pots and other non-plant waste.
- Each gardener is expected to do an end of season cleanup of their plot, including the removal of any fences.
- Clean up or other debris remaining on their plot at the end of the season to maintain eligibility.
These rules do not relieve Gardeners in any way from the need to comply with all other applicable federal and state laws, and Woburn City Ordinances.